Wheeler Lodge No. 398, A.F. & A.M Instituted
October 1879, and worked under dispensation until June, 1880, when
their charter was received. The charter members are and first
officers were: J. M. Zane, W.M.; W. A. Helsell, S.W.; H. T. Martrin,
J.W.; Frank Burleigh, Treasure; F. A. Cobb, Secretary. H. C.
Wheeler, W.W. Field, Geo. Belt, and Mr. Douglas were among the
charter members. The present officers are: E. P. Messer, W.M.; W. A.
Helsell, S.W.; J. M. Zane, J.W.; C. W. Sutton, S.D.; E. Grist, J.D.;
Wm. Graham, Secretary; Frank Burleigh, Treasurer. The society has a
membership of thirty, and is in a flourishing condition. This
society meets once each Monday in their hall.
Harmony Collegium No.5, VA.S. Was
instituted December 3d, 1881. The charter members were: F. L. Dennis,
Aaron Young, A.G. Errenbom, C.D. Boardman, W.E. Mill, C.A. Stoops,
D. A Watterman, C.R. Dingman, J.A. Gibson, H. B. Preston, J. H.Wagner,
H.F. Weneke, Irwin Austin, W. Jacob, E. Schmidt, H. Anderson, L.
Halboth, George Halboth, A.B. Cooley. The first and present officers
are: F. L. Dennis, Rector; Aaron Young, Vice-Rector; A.G. Errenbom,
Scribe; C.D. Boardmam., Questor; W. E. Mill, Usher; C.A. Stoops,
Speculator; D.A. Wtterman, C.R. Dingman and J. A. Gibson, Curators.
The society has about twenty-five members, and holds meeting once a
Odebolt Lodge, A.O.U.W, No. 217 Instituted May 25th, 1880. The first officers
were: J. W. Dubbs, P.M.W.; J. W. Burnside, M.W.; C. S. Lee,
Foreman; W. Van Dusen, Recorder; C. B. Francisco, Financier; H.
Hansen, Receiver; T. M. Keever, Guide; J. E. Emspohr, O.W.; A. E.
Matthews, J. W.; A. Groman, and C. D. Boarman, Medical Examiners.
The present officers are: W. Van Duesen, M.W.; F. L. Dennis,
Foreman; Ed. Colvin, Overseer; G. M. Tagget, Recorder; C.D.
Boardman, P.M.W.; J. Mattes, Guide; C. H. Babcock, Receiver; L.
Olney, O.W.; C. B. Francisco, Financier. There is a membership of
about forty, and the Lodge meets once in two weeks.